Tuesday 17 April 2012

Print Products


For my first print product I made a 6 panel 1 tray digipak for the ‘Teenage Dream’ album of which the single ‘Not like the Movies’ comes from, which was the song we used for the music video.  
As it was a 6 panel digipak it allowed me to be more creative then if I made just the CD front and back cover. I expressed a theme throughout the digipak of life as a teenager, as it relates to the album’s title. I used pictures of partying; the aftermath of a party in the form of empty alcohol bottles etc as this is what many people would associate teenage life with. Also there is just a simple picture of the artist portrayed by Faye as most digipaks have a solo photo of the artist. The front over shows a silhouette of a girl in the rain running down a street, I thought this would represent the freedom teenager’s experience and the silhouette has an artist feel to it. Within the digipak design I included a design for the actual disc with is of red and white swirls to shows the dream teenagers live in.



This is my magazine advertisement for the album of which I designed the digipak for and of which the track for my music video is on.

The magazine in which the advertisement would be in would be something like: Shout and Bliss; as these are magazines which my target audience would buy. The advertisement has a very simple tone to it as I did not want to make it too in your face and busy looking.  The ad contains the features you would stereotypical see on an advertisement for an album, such as: a large image of the artist put there in hope to automatically draw the audience’s attention in;  the artist name and album name; image of the actually album cover so the audience will know what to look for when buying; a small extract of writing to make the reader want to buy the product and places in which the album is available to buy as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment